Friday, February 12, 2010

Alzheimer's: Mom Didn't Laugh for Two Years and it was Killing Me

My mother, Dorothy, did not laugh for over two years. It was "killing" me....
By Bob DeMarco


Max wrote about the last great big laugh he heard from his Great Grams. It was obviously vivid in his mind. See The Plaid Pajamas and the Last Big Laugh.

This reminded me of one of the saddest periods in my life. My mother didn't laugh for over two years. She rarely smiled during this period. Severe heartache, it hurt.

I would look over and there would be mom. The glassy eyed look, the stare into what must be either confusion or "nowhere". The look of Alzheimer's and dementia.

To Continue reading go here --

Alzheimer's Reading Room: Alzheimer's: Mom Didn't Laugh for Two Years and it was Killing Me






No comments:

Post a Comment