Thursday, March 20, 2008

'Speak English' sign at Philly cheesesteak joint ruled legal

clipped from blogs.usatoday.com
If you ever find yourself at Geno's Steaks in Philadelphia (as We often did many years ago), you might be in for a political fight if you order a carne asada con queso or le bifteck avec fromage.
Joeyvento032008
The city's human relations commission has ruled that a "speak English when ordering" sign does not discriminate against people who don't speak the language.
Proprietor Joey Vento argued that the sign at his South Philly cheesesteak stand was a political statement and that no one was ever denied service. He called it "a good victory."
"The bottom line is that I didn't do anything wrong," Vento, 68, told The Philadelphia Inquirer.
"They made me famous throughout the world," Vento said from his home in New Jersey. "I'm way ahead of the game. I became a hero. I've got to thank them for that."
 blog it

No comments:

Post a Comment